Saturday, September 23, 2006

Making some progress

I think I mentioned Rehab. I think I am finally making progress. Thank heavens my capacity to learn wasn't touched by the car accident. My therapists are really positive about what I have taught myself and also, about my capacity to apply everything they teach me.

Its also really weird (and nice)having my goals taken so seriously.

I showed my speech therapist 2 drafts of my work, with 3 weeks between them. She was impressed by my progress and found the content interesting too. I loved her feedback. And because I loved it, I noticed something else about me. I am very suspicious these days. I wonder did the Therapist say nice things to encourage my recovery or did she mean them?

Also, I heard about a car accident that really freaked me out on a road near home. A motorist lost control of his car, doing 140 kmh in a 60 zone, and hit 3 cars on the other side of the road. One woman was killed and a kid rescued her baby, with help from passers-by and then spoke to her, telling her the baby was fine and she would be OK, until her ambulance arrived. I think the story is chilling and I'm scared to use the road again. At the same time, sensible me knows the thing was random and the road where the accident occurred means nothing. In some ways, accepting that the car accident is random is worse than believing that something to do with the road is the problem.

I have so many driving phobias that I'm annoyed. I wont drive at night or in bad conditions or anyone else's car. And now I don't want to drive along certain roads- not even as a passenger. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home